The last chapter of life is the most precious for our clients and their families and friends. During this period, family members come together during an emotional and difficult period of transition. Aspen Care journeys with you to maximize the quality of your loved one’s life with the utmost dignity and respect.
Aspen Care offers exceptional palliative care services in Calgary in a private home or in a facility such as a nursing home and hospice. Care is provided by specially trained members of an interdisciplinary team. At the centre of this team is your loved one, along with family and closed friends.
Palliative Care Services We offer:
- Personalized care plan
- Personal hygiene care
- Bedside support at home or in a facility
- Comfort and pain management
- Preparing meals
- Support for family members
- Spiritual care and social support for the client and loved ones
- End of life planning, including funeral arrangements
- Aid in navigating the health care system
- Coordination and delivery of home equipment and supplies
- Communication with other health care professionals
- 24- hour on call support for questions and urgent matters
While our focus is always in the client, our caregivers pay particular attention to family members. Family members are encouraged to reflect on the life experiences of their loved one and have open, honest conversations with each other. we also encourage family members to take care of themselves during this often-stressful time.
As a client advocate, Aspen Care’s knowledgeable staff work with Alberta Health Services to complete the necessary paperwork so that our clients receive the maximum benefit under the provincial health care plan. We work with doctors and nurses to ensure our clients; concerns or change in health conditions are heard and addressed promptly.